Community Engagement Assistant (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to recruit a Community Engagement Assistant to join Circus Starr for a 9 to 12 month period as Maternity Cover starting mid-August.
Circus Starr transforms, enriches and inspires the lives of children and families in the most need across the UK through the magical art of circus performance.
Hours of Work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (to be worked flexibly over 7 days)
Salary : (Dependant on experience)
Run sensory story project with the support of Communications and Engagement Manager, requiring the ability to build excellent working relationships with a range of stakeholders including sessional workers, cast, charity partners and families with children with complex needs.
Respond to all individual ticket requests, including keeping accurate records and posting out in a timely fashion.
Deal with enquiries from audience members and booking wheelchair spaces over the phone and via email.
Attend shows if and when required to ensure the smooth running of projects e.g. pre-show touch tours, audio described performances.
Devise and mail out newsletters and feedback surveys using MailChimp & SurveyMonkey.
Review feedback from families attending the shows to identify case studies, source families to participate in projects and resolve any issues arising.
Promote the work of Circus Starr in person and in writing i.e. distribute press releases and make follow ups calls to media outlets.
Originate ideas for others ways Circus Starr can lengthen the impact of the work and create deeper engagement with audiences.
Engage with business supporters requesting feedback and images from the shows.
Work with the fundraising team to send out fundraising packs and track income generated.
Provide support and encouragement to individual and business fundraisers.
Keep records of and make the best use of in-kind donations.
Schedule and create sponsorship tweets requiring knowledge of HootSuite.
Monitor and respond to comments and messages received through social media channels.
Find new and imaginative ways to engage social media following.
Post content on social media channels to promote projects and shows.
Undertake any other duties as directed by the Directors
Desirable skills and experience
· Experience in organising participatory projects involving “hard to reach” families
· Full driving licence, confident driver with own transport (mileage paid)
· Demonstrable experience in organising and facilitating events
· Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective working in a diverse community
· Keen interest in third sector / working with families needing extra support to attend and enjoy live circus art
· Ability to negotiate with individuals, organisations and businesses to secure objectives
· Ability to work with minimum supervision, to prioritise effectively and to meet tight deadlines
· DBS clearance
· Flexibility, enthusiasm and the ability to work as part of a small team
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Ability to motivate others
· Excellent organisational skills
· Creative and resourceful
· Confident and dynamic
Any Additional Job-related requirements
Must be willing to travel to Big Top shows involving undertaking occasional evening, weekend work and over-nights.
Interest in working with children and their families to break down the barriers to accessing mainstream arts.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com giving the reasons you think you are the best candidate for this position.
Job Type: Temporary