Circus Starr prides itself on being warm and welcoming to families who face barriers to accessing live arts events.
Our ambitions go beyond the legal obligation to deliver reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act of 2010. We strive to create a magical experience everyone can access and enjoy.
Our aim is to make our shows a beacon of how things can be better, opening hearts and minds to different ways of seeing the world: fairer, kinder, magical and more fun.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you under the starry canopy of our heated Big Top to see our spectacular new line-up of world-class circus performers!
- The show lasts for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes including a 15-minute interval.
- Doors open half an hour before show time.
- Seating is unreserved and consists of wooden benches.
- Wheelchair spaces must be reserved in advance by calling 01260 288690. All of our wheelchair users will be sat ringside with space for a parent or carer.
- Children under 3 years of age do not need a ticket if they sit on a parent’s lap.
- Circus Starr staff are available to lend a helping hand to families on the day if required – please just ask! Let us know if you have any questions about the content of the show or any other access requirements.
Covid-19 Prevention Measures
We are working hard to make sure our shows are as safe as possible.
All of our performances will go ahead following the relevant government guidelines in place at the time. We will also have sanitising stations, one way access in our big top, and we will be running with a much smaller capacity than usual.
On tour with a changing places toilet
A Mobiloo will be joining us on tour! This Changing Places toilet has a hoist, changing bench, and plenty of space to change making Circus Starr more accessible to those with more complex needs.
Sensory story project
We very proudly collaborated with Joanna Grace in 2019 to create The Circus Starr Sensory Story and pack!
We know how important anticipation can be for our audience members with profound and complex learning difficulties, so we wanted to help them prepare for their visit to our Big Top show!
You can download our story or order the pack for free here.
Touch Tours & BSL interpretation
We will be offering pre-show touch tours at selected venues on our tour for our visually impaired audience members. If this is something a member of your family would find useful please get in touch. We are also welcoming a BSL Interpreter to some of our shows. If you would be interested in this service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Some members of our troupe have been learning some basic BSL interpretation and the audience is encouraged to join in with our signed finale song.
©Circus Starr 2019 All Rights Reserved all 3rd party trademarks acknowledged. Company’s Registered Office Address: Circus Starr, Starr in the Community CIC - Dane Mill, Broadhurst Lane, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 1LA Registered in Companies House England & Wales No 7477542