Circus Starr prides itself on being warm and welcoming to families who face barriers to accessing live arts events.
Our ambitions go beyond the legal obligation to deliver reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act of 2010. We strive to create a magical experience everyone can access and enjoy.
Our aim is to make our shows a beacon of how things can be better, opening hearts and minds to different ways of seeing the world: fairer, kinder, magical and more fun.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you under the starry canopy of our heated Big Top to see our spectacular new line-up of world-class circus performers!
- The show lasts for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes including a 15-minute interval.
- Doors open half an hour before show time.
- Seating is unreserved and consists of wooden benches.
- Wheelchair spaces must be reserved in advance by calling 01260 288690. Every effort will be made to seat families together with wheelchair users ringside but this depends on space on the day.
- Children under 3 years of age do not need a ticket if they sit on a parent’s lap.
- Circus Starr staff are available to lend a helping hand to families on the day if required – please just ask! Let us know if you have any questions about the content of the show or any other access requirements.
On tour with a changing places toilet
A Mobiloo will be joining us on tour! This Changing Places toilet has a hoist, changing bench, and plenty of space to change making Circus Starr more accessible to those with more complex needs.
Sensory story project
We are working with sensory storytellers exploring ways to make a visit to our circus more meaningful and magical for our visitors with profound and complex learning difficulties. Please email email@example.com to find out more.
Audio description & BSL interpretation
We will be offering audio described performances at selected venues on our tour. If this is something a member of your family would find useful please get in touch. Some members of our troupe have been learning some basic BSL interpretation and the audience is encouraged to join in with our signed finale song.
©Circus Starr 2019 All Rights Reserved all 3rd party trademarks acknowledged. Company’s Registered Office Address: Circus Starr, Starr in the Community CIC - Dane Mill, Broadhurst Lane, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 1LA Registered in Companies House England & Wales No 7477542