To do this, we rely on the generous donations that we receive from local businesses – a win/win situation for both parties:
- Your donations allow us to bring our circus to town and to donate free tickets to disabled and disadvantaged children in your area, either as individuals or through organisations
- Your donations impact your Corporate Social Responsibility
- Your donations impact your local community
We want you to know what an impact your donations have on the children and families that come to our performances – here are a few facts and ﬁgures:
- Almost 1.5 million UK families are unable to afford a single day out together. Since 1987 we have donated thousands of free tickets, worth over around £1.3m, to disabled and disadvantaged children and their families/carers ensuring that all children experience a memory-making, inclusive day out in a place of safety and fun
- 50% of families with disabled children say that the stigma and discrimination they face makes them feel isolated. Our circus audience is made up of a huge range of children and their families; all of whom are encouraged to sing, dance, shout out and jump up and down – participation is key to making memories
- 43% of children with a disability have been turned away from festive events. Your donations help us ﬁght the lack of creative and cultural opportunities available to families with a disabled child/ children. We are delighted to see smiling faces, and the fun that we know our audiences have.
- Two in ﬁve parents of disabled children say that their child ‘rarely’ or ‘never’ has an opportunity to socialise with children who are not disabled. We create a magical world, harnessing the power of the circus and invite families with all kinds of different needs to have fun together in a safe, welcoming and unique atmosphere.
©Circus Starr 2019 All Rights Reserved all 3rd party trademarks acknowledged. Company’s Registered Office Address: Circus Starr, Starr in the Community CIC - Dane Mill, Broadhurst Lane, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 1LA Registered in Companies House England & Wales No 7477542